Dentures were once thought to be a poor substitute for missing teeth. Dentists have recently been able to find comfortable, natural-looking dentures that fit effortlessly into a beaming smile. At The Dental Lounge, we offer one-on-one consultations so that patients can choose the best restoration for their needs. In the Fort Lauderdale area, dentures and partials serve to improve the function and appearance of smiles. What are the benefits of dentures for your smile? Continue reading to learn more about dentures in Fort Lauderdale and how they can improve your smile!
What Exactly Are Dentures?
Dentures are typically composed of acrylic material and come in a variety of shapes and sizes. When one or more teeth are lost and need to be replaced, partials are utilized. Many people have previously considered dentures to be irritating to their mouths and delicate tissues. Our Dental Design team, on the other hand, has offered our patients with comfortable denture alternatives. For a secure fit, replacement teeth are joined to a soft foundation. Dentures are a removable treatment that gives your mouth momentary relief. Even though the first fitting procedure is non-invasive and rapid, they are designed to replace missing teeth and gum tissue, which may not always feel discreet. Our patients who had to adjust to dentures said they were uncomfortable at first and had difficulty chewing, speaking, and drooling.
Why Should You Get Dentures?
Missing teeth can be replaced with a variety of methods. Some people may even refuse to have a missing tooth replaced. Our specialists recommend dentures for a variety of reasons. Modern dentures have a natural appearance and feel. Dentures, when properly fitted, function similarly to natural teeth.
- Furthermore, they are a less expensive option than other solutions, such as dental implants. Dentures also aid in the full restoration of smile function by enhancing speaking and chewing abilities. This low-cost treatment option is the ideal tooth replacement option for people of all ages! They are far less costly than dental implants and are available in two forms: full and partial. Complete dentures are removable dentures that replace all teeth in the upper and lower jaws and sit directly on the gums. Partially dentures are used to close gaps between healthy natural teeth and are held in place by clasps around remaining teeth or attachments attached to crowns.
- They’re a good alternative for those who have lost bone or gums and can’t get dental implants since they need to be attached to the bone. If this is your only alternative, you must get your dentures properly cared for with our assistance.
Will Dentures Alter My Appearance?
Trying to replace missing or lost teeth is beneficial to your health and look. Your natural teeth are replaced by a complete denture, which also supports your cheekbones and lips. Sagging facial muscles without this support can make a person appear older, and it will be more difficult for them to eat and speak properly.
Dentures can be created to look almost identical to your real teeth, so your appearance is unaltered. Dentures may even help fill out your profile and enhance the beauty of your smile.
Guaranteeing a Secure and Comfortable Fit
It is an important aspect of our job to make our patients feel at ease with their smiles. For this reason, we work closely with each patient to ensure adequate care that will enhance their oral health while also boosting their self-esteem. Here are some of the ways our team assures a good fit:
- We find the best denture solution for each patient’s situation. For some of our patients, soft dentures may be a preferable option.
- Finding the proper replacement tooth size, shape, and shade is critical to ensuring that each patient is satisfied with the outcomes of their dentures.
- Our team will make sure your new dentures or partials fit properly and are pleasant before you leave our Fort Lauderdale dentist clinic.
Schedule your dentures appointment with The Dental Lounge today!